Guatemalan scientist passionate about computational genomics. Sharing content related to independent research and personal life experiments.
- Bioinformatician at the Corces Lab at the Gladstone Institutes. Updating and developing ArchR. NIH grant for 2 years.
- Google Summer of Code open source contributor to DeepChem.
Loyal for Dogs
- Deep dive into drug candidate literature for the VP of Aging Biology. Computational analysis of dog breeds and differential epigenetic markers of aging.
- Analyzed infection patterns of SARS-CoV-2 in brain and lung organoids. Also developed image analysis pipeline based on Watershed thresholding to quantify radial profiles on microchips.
- Conducted review of Health, X, Brain, and other bets’ projects at interface of medicine and technology.
- Scoped and designed transformation of onboarding process for technical candidates in cross-functional teams.
Wrote a course on “Statistics for Life Scientists”. Use this link for 20% off!
- My first exposure to complex systems and network engineering. Built a “semantic continuum” that Facebook used to inform its content moderation efforts. More info here. Also briefly worked under Duncan J. Watts and Mark E. Whiting.
- Performed analysis in R for their Luciferase screening pipeline.
- Automated features of their platform.
- Artificial Intelligence in the Life Sciences @ Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting 2022 blog post
- False Discoveries in Differential Expression Analyses video
- Effective gene expression prediction from sequence by integrating long-range interactions video
- ArchRBrowser: An interactive application for exploring epigenetic coverage tracks video
Communities I am part of:
Lime Connect, Adam Grant’s 238 Society, ISCB, ADDF’s Young Professionals Committee, OpenBioML, Nucleate, ASHG, Bits in Bio, the Commons.
Out of Lab
- Tennis 🎾 as my constant. I enjoy trying new, initially-uncomfortable activities. Some of the ones I've sticked with are: road biking, running, and HIIT training.
- Yoga 🧘♀️ reminds me I don't just live in my mind ☁️... and helps me find ease/strength in stillness.